Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Lacking or marked by a lack of self-confidence; shy and timid.
2. Deception by trickery or sophistry.
3. An advocate of the extension of political voting rights, especially to women.
4. Playfully jocular; humorous
5. To endow with the rights of citizenship, especially the right to vote.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides