Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An extremely distant, and thus old, celestial object whose power output is several thousand times that of our entire galaxy.
2. Eating and drinking in moderation.
3. The predominant influence, as of a state, region, or group, over another or others.
4. Not limited to or associated with a particular religious denomination.
5. The act or process of inhaling and exhaling; breathing.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides