Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To weaken or destroy the strength or vitality of.
2. Interchanged, given, or owed to each other.
3. Eating and drinking in moderation.
4. The iron-containing respiratory pigment in red blood cells of vertebrates.
5. A temple tower of the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians, having the form of a terraced pyramid of successively receding stories.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides