Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The process in cell division by which the nucleus divides.
2. A temple tower of the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians, having the form of a terraced pyramid of successively receding stories.
3. Mournful, dismal, or gloomy, especially to an exaggerated or ludicrous degree.
4. To proceed completely around:
5. Lacking purpose or vitality; feeble or ineffective.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides