Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something.
2. The act or process of inhaling and exhaling; breathing.
3. The iron-containing respiratory pigment in red blood cells of vertebrates.
4. To divide (a geographic area) into voting districts so as to give unfair advantage to one party in elections.
5. The use of unnecessarily wordy and indirect language.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides