Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The iron-containing respiratory pigment in red blood cells of vertebrates.
2. To weaken or destroy the strength or vitality of.
3. A marked change in appearance, character, condition, or function.
4. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
5. The clear, yellowish fluid portion of blood, lymph, or intramuscular fluid in which cells are suspended.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides