Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An underlying base or foundation especially for an organization or system.
2. A stock of terms used in a particular profession, subject, or style; a vocabulary:
3. Quickness, accuracy, and keenness of judgment or insight.
4. The science and technology of building electronic circuits and devices from single atoms and molecules.
5. The process in green plants and certain other organisms by which carbohydrates are synthesized from carbon dioxide and water using light as an energy source.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides