Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An advocate of the extension of political voting rights, especially to women.
2. A dramatic or literary form of discourse in which a character talks to himself or herself or reveals his or her thoughts without addressing a listener.
3. Of, relating to, or produced by motion.
4. To divide (a geographic area) into voting districts so as to give unfair advantage to one party in elections.
5. A part, portion, or share.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides