Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The clear, yellowish fluid portion of blood, lymph, or intramuscular fluid in which cells are suspended.
2. To proceed completely around:
3. To impress (something) upon the mind of another by frequent instruction or repetition; instill.
4. Feeling or showing haughty disdain.
5. A system of names used in an art or science:
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides