Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A temple tower of the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians, having the form of a terraced pyramid of successively receding stories.
2. A circular strand of DNA in bacteria that contains the hereditary information necessary for cell life.
3. An advocate of the extension of political voting rights, especially to women.
4. Any of numerous natural and synthetic compounds consisting of up to millions of repeated linked units,
5. Government by a few, especially by a small faction of persons or families.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides