Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The use of obstructionist tactics, especially prolonged speechmaking, for the purpose of delaying legislative action.
2. To certify or attest to (the validity of a signature on a document, for example) as a notary public.
3. A temple tower of the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians, having the form of a terraced pyramid of successively receding stories.
4. A set of assumptions, concepts, values, and practices that constitutes a way of viewing reality
5. To seize another’s place, authority, or possession wrongfully.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides