Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To proceed completely around:
2. A person unduly fearful or contemptuous of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.
3. Vacuously, smugly, and unconsciously foolish.
4. Division into ordered groups or categories.
5. Having a harmful effect; injurious.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides