Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An underlying base or foundation especially for an organization or system.
2. Extremely rapid, hasty, or abrupt; precipitate.
3. To impress (something) upon the mind of another by frequent instruction or repetition; instill.
4. An advocate of the extension of political voting rights, especially to women.
5. The art or study of correct spelling according to established usage.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides