Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Full of or exhibiting servile compliance; fawning.
2. Warlike in manner or temperament; pugnacious.
3. The clear, yellowish fluid portion of blood, lymph, or intramuscular fluid in which cells are suspended.
4. To abolish, do away with, or annul, especially by authority.
5. The use of unnecessarily wordy and indirect language.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides