Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To remove erroneous, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material from (a book, for example) before publication.
2. Feeling or showing haughty disdain.
3. Overbearing pride or presumption; arrogance.
4. The basic unit of currency among participating European Union countries.
5. Attended by favorable circumstances; propitious.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides