Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A particular geographic region.
2. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
3. The quantity of motion of a moving body; the impetus gained by a moving object
4. Unspoiled; still with its original purity; uncorrupted or unsullied
5. A great amount or number, often of people.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides