Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest.
2. Anything that may be possible; a possibility
3. To attempt to stop the progression of.
4. Flexible, liable to change.
5. A thing that is granted, esp. in response to demands.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides