Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A long flat-topped fixture in a store or bank across which business is conducted with customers.
2. The energy and strength for continuing to do something over a long period of time ; power of sustained exertion, or resistance to hardship, illness etc.
3. To run away with quick light steps, to scamper.
4. A great amount or number, often of people.
5. Dark, faint or indistinct.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides