Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An advocate of the extension of political voting rights, especially to women.
2. A place or situation regarded as drawing into its center all that surrounds it.
3. The side of a right triangle opposite the right angle.
4. An underlying base or foundation especially for an organization or system.
5. Needless repetition of the same sense in different words; redundancy.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides