Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Of a central nature, first and foremost
2. A great amount or number, often of people.
3. The quantity of motion of a moving body; the impetus gained by a moving object
4. Deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements
5. The ability to foresee or prepare wisely for the future.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level