Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To notice or view, especially carefully or with attention to detail.
2. So difficult or taxing as to make one exhausted; backbreaking.
3. Explain the meaning of (information, words, or actions)
4. To completely engage the attention of.
5. Of a central nature, first and foremost