Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An inadequate amount of something; a shortage
2. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
3. The act of exasperating or the state of being exasperated; irritation; keen or bitter anger.
4. To move or swing a weapon back and forth, particularly if demonstrating skill.
5. Sly; crafty; clever in surreptitious behaviour.