Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To move or swing a weapon back and forth, particularly if demonstrating skill.
2. Paying attention; noticing, watching, listening, or attending closely.
3. Anything that assures a certain outcome.
4. A process of compensation for losses.
5. To move in a quick fashion.