Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest.
2. The energy and strength for continuing to do something over a long period of time ; power of sustained exertion, or resistance to hardship, illness etc.
3. More or most likely to be exposed to the chance of being attacked or harmed, either physically or emotionally.
4. A long flat-topped fixture in a store or bank across which business is conducted with customers.
5. In order of time from the earliest to the latest