Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An individual instance that represents a class; an example.
2. A mixture of various ingredients or elements.
3. Having an unvarying tone or pitch
4. Strange or mysterious, esp. in an unsettling way
5. Paying attention; noticing, watching, listening, or attending closely.