Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To move or swing a weapon back and forth, particularly if demonstrating skill.
2. The source or reason of an event or action
3. Open resistance; bold disobedience.
4. Enthusiasm; enjoyment, vigor
5. Facts or observations presented in support of an assertion.