Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An inadequate amount of something; a shortage
2. The brink of a dangerous situation.
3. Quick and neat in action; skillful.
4. Existing or occurring at the moment.
5. An assemblage or display; a gathering, collection of people or things.