Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Watchful, especially for danger or disorder; alert; wary
2. To make stable or firm; to confirm.
3. The fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest.
4. To sink or fall to the bottom; to settle
5. A glowing piece of coal or wood.