Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To sink or fall to the bottom; to settle
2. Natural ability to acquire knowledge or skill.
3. The source or reason of an event or action
4. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
5. Offensive or repulsive; arousing disgust or aversion