Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The brink of a dangerous situation.
2. Dark or dreary in character; joyless, and grim.
3. To send someone away and forbid that person from returning.
4. The source or reason of an event or action
5. Watchful, especially for danger or disorder; alert; wary