Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable
2. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
3. A measurement one can compare to.
4. Existing or occurring at the moment.
5. An inadequate amount of something; a shortage
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides