Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A gift or payment to a common fund or collection.
2. The system of production and distribution and consumption.
3. To hear a conversation one is not intended to hear; to listen in.
4. Specifically, giving indication of a coming ill; being an evil omen
5. The energy and strength for continuing to do something over a long period of time ; power of sustained exertion, or resistance to hardship, illness etc.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides