Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A barrier constructed across a road, especially as a military defense.
2. Deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements
3. To bump into or brush against while in motion.
4. The power to affect, control or manipulate something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct, thoughts or decisions.
5. To make stable or firm; to confirm.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides