Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. So difficult or taxing as to make one exhausted; backbreaking.
2. A movement or series of moves requiring skill and care
3. A deliberate action aimed at weakening an enemy through subversion, obstruction, disruption, and/or destruction.
4. To overpower; to subdue; to put down.
5. Capable of doing many things competently
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides