Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Tending to socialize or be social; friendly; inviting; congenial.
2. A large or dense group of insects, esp. flying ones.
3. To sink or fall to the bottom; to settle
4. A process of compensation for losses.
5. To bump into or brush against while in motion.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides