Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To attempt to stop the progression of.
2. The brink of a dangerous situation.
3. Tending to socialize or be social; friendly; inviting; congenial.
4. The energy and strength for continuing to do something over a long period of time ; power of sustained exertion, or resistance to hardship, illness etc.
5. Self-confidence; poise; composure.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides