Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A deliberate action aimed at weakening an enemy through subversion, obstruction, disruption, and/or destruction.
2. To send someone away and forbid that person from returning.
3. Emitting light; glowing brightly
4. An inadequate amount of something; a shortage
5. Doubt, apprehension, a feeling of dread
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides