Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The place set for the end of a journey, or to which something is sent; place or point aimed at.
2. Having traits or characteristics in common; alike, comparable.
3. To move or swing a weapon back and forth, particularly if demonstrating skill.
4. Strange or mysterious, esp. in an unsettling way
5. Having an unvarying tone or pitch
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides