Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To bump into or brush against while in motion.
2. Sly; crafty; clever in surreptitious behaviour.
3. Important with regards to (a subject or matter); relevant
4. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
5. To make clear; to free from obscurities; to brighten or illuminate.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides