Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Self-confidence; poise; composure.
2. Formally put an end to (a system, practice, or institution)
3. Different from one another; of different kinds or sorts
4. An inadequate amount of something; a shortage
5. An individual instance that represents a class; an example.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides