Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To sway back and forth; to totter or reel.
2. A form of acrobatic display which involves the dramatic bending and flexing of the human body.
3. A glowing piece of coal or wood.
4. To hear a conversation one is not intended to hear; to listen in.
5. To refill; to renew; to supply again or to add a fresh quantity.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides