Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. So difficult or taxing as to make one exhausted; backbreaking.
2. The ability to foresee or prepare wisely for the future.
3. Capable of doing many things competently
4. Anything that may be possible; a possibility
5. An attempt to deceive someone into believing that one can or will do something.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides