Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The state of being serene; calmness; peacefulness.
2. Important with regards to (a subject or matter); relevant
3. Explain the meaning of (information, words, or actions)
4. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
5. A thing that is granted, esp. in response to demands.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides