Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. In order of time from the earliest to the latest
2. The fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest.
3. Quick and neat in action; skillful.
4. Of a central nature, first and foremost
5. A relationship of resemblance or equivalence between two situations, people, or objects,
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides