Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To sink or fall to the bottom; to settle
2. Capable of doing many things competently
3. A gift or payment to a common fund or collection.
4. The state of being serene; calmness; peacefulness.
5. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides