Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To move in a quick fashion.
2. A long flat-topped fixture in a store or bank across which business is conducted with customers.
3. An individual instance that represents a class; an example.
4. The short term state of the atmosphere at a specific time and place, including the temperature, humidity, cloud cover, precipitation, wind, etc.
5. Dark, faint or indistinct.