Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Offensive or repulsive; arousing disgust or aversion
2. Deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements
3. More or most likely to be exposed to the chance of being attacked or harmed, either physically or emotionally.
4. To notice or view, especially carefully or with attention to detail.
5. Salty or slightly salty, as a mixture of fresh and sea water, such as that found in estuaries