►Go to Teachers area for more updates
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
►Go to Students area for more updates
Online Reference Guides
►Go to Parents area for more updates
Select a grade level
Select a quiz type
How many questions?
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below. Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To proceed completely around:
2. Falling off or shed at a specific season or stage of growth:
3. Cheerfully confident; optimistic.
4. Lacking purpose or vitality; feeble or ineffective.
5. The iron-containing respiratory pigment in red blood cells of vertebrates.
To set going by taking the first step; begin.
FOUND IN THE NEWS:
Troopers initiated a pursuit of the vehicle at the rest area on Interstate 71 just north of the Ohio 123 exit east of Lebanon, troopers said.
►The Dayton Daily News, 05/20/2013