Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An individual instance that represents a class; an example.
2. A barrier constructed across a road, especially as a military defense.
3. A long flat-topped fixture in a store or bank across which business is conducted with customers.
4. A great amount or number, often of people.
5. The fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest.