Children's book authors share their writing experience to help students learn more about the craft and techniques of creative writing.
Publix Super Markets, Inc. has joined efforts with FPES (Florida Press Educational Services) to bring this program to sixth grade students. This FREE NIE Program will show your sixth grade students how to become responsible members of the planet, and to respect all of the resources that it has to offer.
►Flip Chart for Interactive White Boards
Note: Only classrooms with white boards will be able to run this file.
Included are basic lessons for an Elementary, Middle and Secondary classroom that can be utilized to introduce Language Arts and Social Studies activities.
►Middle School Social Studies Lesson Plan
►Middle and High School Language Arts Lesson Plan
►High School Social Studies Lesson Plan
►Elementary Social Studies Lesson Plan
►Elementary and Middle School Language Arts Lesson Plan
New Teacher's Guides are available every Monday, complete with monthly themes highlighted in a weekly lesson and a monthly activity sheet.
►Click here to download guides from USA Weekend
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The energy and strength for continuing to do something over a long period of time ; power of sustained exertion, or resistance to hardship, illness etc.
2. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
3. An attempt to deceive someone into believing that one can or will do something.
4. A great amount or number, often of people.
5. One of the simplest or essential parts or principles of which anything consists, or upon which the constitution or fundamental powers of anything are based.