Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Disappointingly inadequate; gloomy and bleak.
2. Deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements
3. Paying attention; noticing, watching, listening, or attending closely.
4. Specifically, giving indication of a coming ill; being an evil omen
5. To exclude; to specify as being an exception.