Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To bump into or brush against while in motion.
2. To bring down the size, quantity, value or intensity of something; to diminish, to lower, to impair.
3. To talk rapidly, indistinctly, or unintelligibly; to utter gibberish or nonsense.
4. Make an idea, impression, or feeling known or understandable to someone.
5. To make stable or firm; to confirm.