Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The use of obstructionist tactics, especially prolonged speechmaking, for the purpose of delaying legislative action.
2. Falling off or shed at a specific season or stage of growth:
3. To remove erroneous, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material from (a book, for example) before publication.
4. The basic unit of currency among participating European Union countries.
5. Cheerfully confident; optimistic.