Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Playfully jocular; humorous
2. A factor that determines a range of variations; a boundary
3. Any of numerous natural and synthetic compounds consisting of up to millions of repeated linked units,
4. Characterized by affected, exaggerated, or insincere earnestness.
5. To increase the positive charge or valence of (an element) by removing electrons.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides