Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Falling off or shed at a specific season or stage of growth:
2. To picture falsely; misrepresent.
3. Interchanged, given, or owed to each other.
4. A marked change in appearance, character, condition, or function.
5. The use of obstructionist tactics, especially prolonged speechmaking, for the purpose of delaying legislative action.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides