Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The basic unit of currency among participating European Union countries.
2. A place or situation regarded as drawing into its center all that surrounds it.
3. To repeat in concise form. To make a summary.
4. An underlying base or foundation especially for an organization or system.
5. Warlike in manner or temperament; pugnacious.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides