Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The use of unnecessarily wordy and indirect language.
2. To weaken or destroy the strength or vitality of.
3. The science and technology of building electronic circuits and devices from single atoms and molecules.
4. Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful.
5. To show servile deference.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides