Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The science and technology of building electronic circuits and devices from single atoms and molecules.
2. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
3. Cheerfully confident; optimistic.
4. A marked change in appearance, character, condition, or function.
5. A dramatic or literary form of discourse in which a character talks to himself or herself or reveals his or her thoughts without addressing a listener.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides