Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To proceed completely around:
2. The side of a right triangle opposite the right angle.
3. Falling off or shed at a specific season or stage of growth:
4. To picture falsely; misrepresent.
5. A reproductive cell having the haploid number of chromosomes, especially a mature sperm or egg capable of fusing with a gamete of the opposite sex to produce the fertilized egg.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides