Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A stock of terms used in a particular profession, subject, or style; a vocabulary:
2. Cheerfully confident; optimistic.
3. To insert or introduce between other elements or parts.
4. A temple tower of the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians, having the form of a terraced pyramid of successively receding stories.
5. Extremely rapid, hasty, or abrupt; precipitate.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides