Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Either of two points on the celestial sphere at which the ecliptic intersects the celestial equator.
2. Very talkative; garrulous.
3. To increase the positive charge or valence of (an element) by removing electrons.
4. To divide (a geographic area) into voting districts so as to give unfair advantage to one party in elections.
5. Lacking purpose or vitality; feeble or ineffective.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides