Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life,
2. Physics that deals with the relationships and conversions between heat and other forms of energy.
3. Not limited to or associated with a particular religious denomination.
4. To increase the positive charge or valence of (an element) by removing electrons.
5. Attended by favorable circumstances; propitious.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides