Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Needless repetition of the same sense in different words; redundancy.
2. The art or study of correct spelling according to established usage.
3. To seize another’s place, authority, or possession wrongfully.
4. A circular strand of DNA in bacteria that contains the hereditary information necessary for cell life.
5. Overbearing pride or presumption; arrogance.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides