Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Vanishing or likely to vanish like vapor.
2. Government by a few, especially by a small faction of persons or families.
3. The predominant influence, as of a state, region, or group, over another or others.
4. A system of names used in an art or science:
5. Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides