Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A system of names used in an art or science:
2. Cheerfully confident; optimistic.
3. An extremely distant, and thus old, celestial object whose power output is several thousand times that of our entire galaxy.
4. Attended by favorable circumstances; propitious.
5. The side of a right triangle opposite the right angle.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides