Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To picture falsely; misrepresent.
2. Quickness, accuracy, and keenness of judgment or insight.
3. Full of or exhibiting servile compliance; fawning.
4. Mournful, dismal, or gloomy, especially to an exaggerated or ludicrous degree.
5. A marked change in appearance, character, condition, or function.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides