Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To impress (something) upon the mind of another by frequent instruction or repetition; instill.
2. A doctrine holding that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated.
3. Any of numerous natural and synthetic compounds consisting of up to millions of repeated linked units,
4. Playfully jocular; humorous
5. An underlying base or foundation especially for an organization or system.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides