Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The iron-containing respiratory pigment in red blood cells of vertebrates.
2. The use of obstructionist tactics, especially prolonged speechmaking, for the purpose of delaying legislative action.
3. An extremely distant, and thus old, celestial object whose power output is several thousand times that of our entire galaxy.
4. Needless repetition of the same sense in different words; redundancy.
5. A plane curve formed by the intersection of a right circular cone and a plane parallel to an element of the cone.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides