Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A plane curve formed by the intersection of a right circular cone and a plane parallel to an element of the cone.
2. An underlying base or foundation especially for an organization or system.
3. To weaken or destroy the strength or vitality of.
4. Having a bad disposition; surly.
5. A form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life,
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides