Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To follow a winding course
2. What something does or is used for.
3. Exceptional, conspicuous, outstanding, most usually in a negative fashion.
4. A great amount or number, often of people.
5. Specifically, giving indication of a coming ill; being an evil omen
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides