Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
2. The line that bounds a circle or other two-dimensional figure.
3. The power to affect, control or manipulate something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct, thoughts or decisions.
4. A state of confused and noisy disturbance
5. Subject; theme; a category or general area of interest.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides