Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Examine methodically and in detail the constitution or structure of something, esp. information.
2. A relationship of resemblance or equivalence between two situations, people, or objects,
3. Speech or language that is incomprehensible or unintelligible; gibberish.
4. The power to affect, control or manipulate something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct, thoughts or decisions.
5. Quick and neat in action; skillful.