Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Specifically, giving indication of a coming ill; being an evil omen
2. The power to affect, control or manipulate something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct, thoughts or decisions.
3. To notice or view, especially carefully or with attention to detail.
4. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
5. To identify by or divide into classes; to categorize.