Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The extent to which something matters; importance
2. To sink or fall to the bottom; to settle
3. Sly; crafty; clever in surreptitious behaviour.
4. To start (a fire) or light (a torch).
5. A movement or series of moves requiring skill and care