Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The extent to which something matters; importance
2. Examine methodically and in detail the constitution or structure of something, esp. information.
3. The short term state of the atmosphere at a specific time and place, including the temperature, humidity, cloud cover, precipitation, wind, etc.
4. Brief, concise, to the point.
5. Anything that assures a certain outcome.