Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To start (a fire) or light (a torch).
2. The system of production and distribution and consumption.
3. An inadequate amount of something; a shortage
4. The person, place or thing from which something (information, goods, etc.) comes or is acquired.
5. The energy and strength for continuing to do something over a long period of time ; power of sustained exertion, or resistance to hardship, illness etc.