Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A pleasant smell or odour.
2. Examine methodically and in detail the constitution or structure of something, esp. information.
3. Strange or mysterious, esp. in an unsettling way
4. Exceptional, conspicuous, outstanding, most usually in a negative fashion.
5. A gift or payment to a common fund or collection.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides