Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements
2. Sly; crafty; clever in surreptitious behaviour.
3. The line that bounds a circle or other two-dimensional figure.
4. One of the simplest or essential parts or principles of which anything consists, or upon which the constitution or fundamental powers of anything are based.
5. Examine methodically and in detail the constitution or structure of something, esp. information.