Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A mixture of various ingredients or elements.
2. Different from one another; of different kinds or sorts
3. A gift or payment to a common fund or collection.
4. A glowing piece of coal or wood.
5. To hear a conversation one is not intended to hear; to listen in.