Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Something that impedes, stands in the way of, or holds up progress
2. What something does or is used for.
3. More or most likely to be exposed to the chance of being attacked or harmed, either physically or emotionally.
4. Explain the meaning of (information, words, or actions)
5. One of the simplest or essential parts or principles of which anything consists, or upon which the constitution or fundamental powers of anything are based.