Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The predominant influence, as of a state, region, or group, over another or others.
2. Cheerfully confident; optimistic.
3. To show servile deference.
4. Lacking serious purpose or occupation; idle.
5. An advocate of the extension of political voting rights, especially to women.