Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Feeling or showing haughty disdain.
2. Belonging to the period before a war, especially the American Civil War.
3. Extremely rapid, hasty, or abrupt; precipitate.
4. A set of assumptions, concepts, values, and practices that constitutes a way of viewing reality
5. A form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life,