Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A system of names used in an art or science:
2. Characterized by forcefulness of expression or intensity of emotion or conviction; fervid.
3. To seize another’s place, authority, or possession wrongfully.
4. Falling off or shed at a specific season or stage of growth:
5. Physics that deals with the relationships and conversions between heat and other forms of energy.