Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A stock of terms used in a particular profession, subject, or style; a vocabulary:
2. The use of obstructionist tactics, especially prolonged speechmaking, for the purpose of delaying legislative action.
3. Cheerfully confident; optimistic.
4. Physics that deals with the relationships and conversions between heat and other forms of energy.
5. To separate or get rid of (an undesirable part); eliminate.