Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something.
2. Warlike in manner or temperament; pugnacious.
3. The predominant influence, as of a state, region, or group, over another or others.
4. A product of disintegration, destruction, or wearing away; debris.
5. Something done or paid to compensate or make amends.