Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An embankment built to prevent flooding
2. Any of several rod-shaped bacteria, of the genus Salmonella, that cause food poisoning and other diseases.
3. A person with masterly skill or technique in the arts.
4. Any of various nonplacental mammals, including kangaroos, opossums, bandicoots, and wombats, found principally in Australia and the Americas.
5. The supporting and water-conducting tissue of vascular plants, consisting primarily of tracheids and vessels; woody tissue.