YOUR GUIDE TO THE TWIN CITIES
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A person authorized to act as representative for another; a deputy.
2. Inspiring awe, admiration, or wonder
3. A form of a verb that in some languages, such as English, can function independently as an adjective.
4. A fungus, usually of the class Ascomycetes, that grows symbiotically with algae,
5. A grotesque ornamental figure or projection.