Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The supporting and water-conducting tissue of vascular plants, consisting primarily of tracheids and vessels; woody tissue.
2. A picture or decorative design made by setting small colored pieces, as of stone or tile, into a surface.
3. Harmful, malevolent, injurious. Harmfully cancerous.
4. One that is inconvenient, annoying, or vexatious; a bother.
5. To take in by elaborate methods of deceit