Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The supporting and water-conducting tissue of vascular plants, consisting primarily of tracheids and vessels; woody tissue.
2. An intricate structure of interconnecting passages through which it is difficult to find one’s way; a maze.
3. A closed plane figure bounded by three or more line segments.
4. A proportional part or share.
5. In a deplorable state of distress or misfortune; miserable.