Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To swing indecisively from one course of action or opinion to another.
2. Being without or almost without hope
3. The supporting and water-conducting tissue of vascular plants, consisting primarily of tracheids and vessels; woody tissue.
4. Something that is passed down from preceding generations; a tradition.
5. Forfeiture of something highly valued for the sake of one considered to have a greater value or claim.