Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Having a backbone or spinal column.
2. Enforced isolation or restriction of free movement imposed to prevent the spread of contagious disease.
3. An ammunition belt, worn over the shoulder, having loops or pockets for cartridges.
4. The supporting and water-conducting tissue of vascular plants, consisting primarily of tracheids and vessels; woody tissue.
5. The science and art of using all the forces of a nation to execute approved plans as effectively as possible during peace or war.