Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To modify, as by shortening or simplifying or by skewing the content in a certain manner.
2. Quickness, accuracy, and keenness of judgment or insight.
3. The process in green plants and certain other organisms by which carbohydrates are synthesized from carbon dioxide and water using light as an energy source.
4. To insert or introduce between other elements or parts.
5. A system of names used in an art or science:
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level