Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Subject; theme; a category or general area of interest.
2. A bold, or arrogant strut.
3. So difficult or taxing as to make one exhausted; backbreaking.
4. To bring down the size, quantity, value or intensity of something; to diminish, to lower, to impair.
5. A piece of written, printed, or electronic matter that provides information or evidence or that serves as an official record.