Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The short term state of the atmosphere at a specific time and place, including the temperature, humidity, cloud cover, precipitation, wind, etc.
2. Anything that assures a certain outcome.
3. To start (a fire) or light (a torch).
4. To drive away by scattering, or so to cause to vanish.
5. An assemblage or display; a gathering, collection of people or things.