Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To drive away by scattering, or so to cause to vanish.
2. Make an idea, impression, or feeling known or understandable to someone.
3. A mixture of various ingredients or elements.
4. In order of time from the earliest to the latest
5. Subject; theme; a category or general area of interest.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides