Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. What something does or is used for.
2. Quick and neat in action; skillful.
3. The throwing back by a body or surface of light, heat, or sound without absorbing it
4. Anything that assures a certain outcome.
5. Exceptional, conspicuous, outstanding, most usually in a negative fashion.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides