Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Having an unvarying tone or pitch
2. Dark, faint or indistinct.
3. Disappointingly inadequate; gloomy and bleak.
4. The power to affect, control or manipulate something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct, thoughts or decisions.
5. The fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest.
Ace Fence & Supply
Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
Fallas Automation, Inc.
Family Health Center
Fitzhugh Insurance & Bond
Healer Printing & Office Supply
Northern & Nye Printing & Office Supply
Schmaltz Sandwich Shoppe
Stone Payroll Plus
Talon Asset Management, LLC
Tejas Logistics System
Texas Sports Hall of Fame
Texas State Technical College
The Carlson Law Firm
The Dwyer Group Inc.
The Phoenix Ballroom
Vanguard College Preparatory School