Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Formally put an end to (a system, practice, or institution)
2. So difficult or taxing as to make one exhausted; backbreaking.
3. Something small enough to escape casual notice.
4. Open resistance; bold disobedience.
5. The power to affect, control or manipulate something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct, thoughts or decisions.
Ace Fence & Supply
All Star Screen Printing & Promotion
Bertha's Bakery & Restaurant
Fallas Automation, Inc.
Fitzhugh Insurance & Bond
Healer Printing & Office Supply
Heart of Texas Goodwill
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Hoppenstein Properties, Inc.
Member's Choice of Central Texas FCU
National Lloyd Insurance
Northern & Nye Printing & Office Supply
Sun Loan Tax Service
Tejas Logistics System
Texas State Technical College
The Dwyer Group Inc.
The Perry Company
The Phoenix Ballroom
Vanguard College Preparatory School