Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
2. One of the simplest or essential parts or principles of which anything consists, or upon which the constitution or fundamental powers of anything are based.
3. A large or dense group of insects, esp. flying ones.
4. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
5. To bring down the size, quantity, value or intensity of something; to diminish, to lower, to impair.
Ace Fence & Supply
All Star Screen Printing & Promotion
Bodyline - Bridgett Huffi nes
Extraco Bank, N.A.
Fallas Automation, Inc.
Golden’s Book Exchange
Healer Printing & Offi ce Supply
Heart of Texas Goodwill
Holiday Inn Express Hotels & Suites
Member’s Choice Federal Credit Union
National Lloyd's Insurance Company
Northern & Nye Printing Offi ce
Owens Illinois Glass Company, Inc.
The Dwyer Group
The Perry Company
R.G.’s Used Cars
Rick Abbe Financial
State Farm Insurance - Jim Baker
Sun Loan Tax Services
Texas State Technical College
Vanguard College Preparatory School