Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Offensive or repulsive; arousing disgust or aversion
2. Deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements
3. Tending to socialize or be social; friendly; inviting; congenial.
4. The short term state of the atmosphere at a specific time and place, including the temperature, humidity, cloud cover, precipitation, wind, etc.
5. Dark or dreary in character; joyless, and grim.
Ace Fence & Supply
All Star Screen Printing & Promotion
Bodyline - Bridgett Huffi nes
Budget Blinds of Waco
Extraco Bank, N.A.
Fallas Automation, Inc.
Golden’s Book Exchange
Guerra Brothers Moving Services
Healer Printing & Offi ce Supply
Heart of Texas Goodwill
Holiday Inn Express Hotels & Suites
Member’s Choice Federal Credit Union
National Lloyd Insurance
Northern & Nye Printing Offi ce
Owens Illinois Glass Company, Inc.
The Perry Company
R.G.’s Used Cars
Rick Abbe Financial
State Farm Insurance - Jim Baker
Sun Loan Tax Services
Texas State Technical College
Vanguard College Preparatory School