Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An advocate of the extension of political voting rights, especially to women.
2. To increase the positive charge or valence of (an element) by removing electrons.
3. The process in green plants and certain other organisms by which carbohydrates are synthesized from carbon dioxide and water using light as an energy source.
4. Lacking serious purpose or occupation; idle.
5. To bring under control; conquer.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level