Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Anticipating something with anxiety or fear.
2. The throwing back by a body or surface of light, heat, or sound without absorbing it
3. Quick and neat in action; skillful.
4. Specifically, giving indication of a coming ill; being an evil omen
5. To drive away by scattering, or so to cause to vanish.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level