Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To make sure or certain of something (usually some future event or condition).
2. A barrier constructed across a road, especially as a military defense.
3. A process by which a task is completed; a way of doing something.
4. A state of confused and noisy disturbance
5. An individual instance that represents a class; an example.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level