Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Overbearing pride or presumption; arrogance.
2. Falling off or shed at a specific season or stage of growth:
3. To divide (a geographic area) into voting districts so as to give unfair advantage to one party in elections.
4. Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful.
5. A person unduly fearful or contemptuous of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level