Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A state of confused and noisy disturbance
2. The system of production and distribution and consumption.
3. To run away with quick light steps, to scamper.
4. A long flat-topped fixture in a store or bank across which business is conducted with customers.
5. Formally put an end to (a system, practice, or institution)
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides