Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The short term state of the atmosphere at a specific time and place, including the temperature, humidity, cloud cover, precipitation, wind, etc.
2. The ability to foresee or prepare wisely for the future.
3. In order of time from the earliest to the latest
4. Dark, faint or indistinct.
5. To cause to take physical form, or to cause an object to appear.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides