Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Speech or language that is incomprehensible or unintelligible; gibberish.
2. To drive away by scattering, or so to cause to vanish.
3. To sway back and forth; to totter or reel.
4. Exceptional, conspicuous, outstanding, most usually in a negative fashion.
5. To make sure or certain of something (usually some future event or condition).
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level