Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The power to affect, control or manipulate something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct, thoughts or decisions.
2. Speech or language that is incomprehensible or unintelligible; gibberish.
3. A bold, or arrogant strut.
4. The brink of a dangerous situation.
5. The force or energy of a collision of two objects.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level