Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Examine methodically and in detail the constitution or structure of something, esp. information.
2. To bring down the size, quantity, value or intensity of something; to diminish, to lower, to impair.
3. T h e r a t e o f o c c u r r e n c e o f a n y t h i n g ; t h e r e l a t i o n s h i p b e t w e e n i n c i d e n c e a n d t i m e p e r i o d .
4. Having traits or characteristics in common; alike, comparable.
5. Exceptional, conspicuous, outstanding, most usually in a negative fashion.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level