Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A process of compensation for losses.
2. A thing that is granted, esp. in response to demands.
3. Unspoiled; still with its original purity; uncorrupted or unsullied
4. To notice or view, especially carefully or with attention to detail.
5. The quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level