Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To gain, usually by one's own exertions; to get as one's own.
2. To end, to come to an end.
3. Having traits or characteristics in common; alike, comparable.
4. The source or reason of an event or action
5. The energy and strength for continuing to do something over a long period of time ; power of sustained exertion, or resistance to hardship, illness etc.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level