Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The power to affect, control or manipulate something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct, thoughts or decisions.
2. To cause to float easily or gently through the air
3. An individual step, or stage, in any process or scale of values.
4. A piece of written, printed, or electronic matter that provides information or evidence or that serves as an official record.
5. To identify by or divide into classes; to categorize.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides