Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To follow a winding course
2. The extent to which something matters; importance
3. To bring down the size, quantity, value or intensity of something; to diminish, to lower, to impair.
4. To cause to take physical form, or to cause an object to appear.
5. Formally put an end to (a system, practice, or institution)
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides