Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To send someone away and forbid that person from returning.
2. Timid, fearful, overly cautious
3. Natural ability to acquire knowledge or skill.
4. The quantity of motion of a moving body; the impetus gained by a moving object
5. Paying attention; noticing, watching, listening, or attending closely.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level