Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To make stable or firm; to confirm.
2. A form of acrobatic display which involves the dramatic bending and flexing of the human body.
3. Dark, faint or indistinct.
4. Strange or mysterious, esp. in an unsettling way
5. To talk rapidly, indistinctly, or unintelligibly; to utter gibberish or nonsense.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level