Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To divide (a geographic area) into voting districts so as to give unfair advantage to one party in elections.
2. To show servile deference.
3. Cheerfully confident; optimistic.
4. Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful.
5. Vanishing or likely to vanish like vapor.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides