Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To endow with the rights of citizenship, especially the right to vote.
2. Impossible to dispute; unquestionable
3. To certify or attest to (the validity of a signature on a document, for example) as a notary public.
4. The use of obstructionist tactics, especially prolonged speechmaking, for the purpose of delaying legislative action.
5. Having a harmful effect; injurious.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level