Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The iron-containing respiratory pigment in red blood cells of vertebrates.
2. An underlying base or foundation especially for an organization or system.
3. Feeling or showing haughty disdain.
4. Having one’s true identity concealed.
5. To modify, as by shortening or simplifying or by skewing the content in a certain manner.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level