Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To picture falsely; misrepresent.
2. A place or situation regarded as drawing into its center all that surrounds it.
3. The use of unnecessarily wordy and indirect language.
4. A circular strand of DNA in bacteria that contains the hereditary information necessary for cell life.
5. An extremely distant, and thus old, celestial object whose power output is several thousand times that of our entire galaxy.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level