Rich About To Be Richer Than The Rest Of Us Combined
By the end of next year, the richest 1 percent will own more than the other 99 percent of the world's people, according to a new study. That staggering wealth also gives top 1 percent the power to control government policies so they can gain even more wealth, the study said.
Class discussion: Does it amaze you that 80 billionaires now have more wealth than 3.8 billion people - half the world's population? How does the wealth gap affect your family? How does it affect the economy? The wealthy can spend as much as they want on U.S. elections, but politicians now talk about reducing income inequality. Do you think they will? Why or why not?
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level