Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The quantity of motion of a moving body; the impetus gained by a moving object
2. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
3. To run away with quick light steps, to scamper.
4. Dark or dreary in character; joyless, and grim.
5. To make clear; to free from obscurities; to brighten or illuminate.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level