Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable
2. The fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest.
3. Timid, fearful, overly cautious
4. A piece of written, printed, or electronic matter that provides information or evidence or that serves as an official record.
5. To drive away by scattering, or so to cause to vanish.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level