Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Examine methodically and in detail the constitution or structure of something, esp. information.
2. To sink or fall to the bottom; to settle
3. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
4. To bring down the size, quantity, value or intensity of something; to diminish, to lower, to impair.
5. The brink of a dangerous situation.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level