Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The throwing back by a body or surface of light, heat, or sound without absorbing it
2. Make an idea, impression, or feeling known or understandable to someone.
3. The ability to foresee or prepare wisely for the future.
4. Brief, concise, to the point.
5. To send someone away and forbid that person from returning.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level