Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The energy and strength for continuing to do something over a long period of time ; power of sustained exertion, or resistance to hardship, illness etc.
2. A long flat-topped fixture in a store or bank across which business is conducted with customers.
3. A piece of written, printed, or electronic matter that provides information or evidence or that serves as an official record.
4. An inadequate amount of something; a shortage
5. A large or dense group of insects, esp. flying ones.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level