Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An attempt to deceive someone into believing that one can or will do something.
2. Formally put an end to (a system, practice, or institution)
3. T h e r a t e o f o c c u r r e n c e o f a n y t h i n g ; t h e r e l a t i o n s h i p b e t w e e n i n c i d e n c e a n d t i m e p e r i o d .
4. Sly; crafty; clever in surreptitious behaviour.
5. A gift or payment to a common fund or collection.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level