Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Dark, faint or indistinct.
2. A long flat-topped fixture in a store or bank across which business is conducted with customers.
3. Something small enough to escape casual notice.
4. Examine methodically and in detail the constitution or structure of something, esp. information.
5. Salty or slightly salty, as a mixture of fresh and sea water, such as that found in estuaries
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level