Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Offensive or repulsive; arousing disgust or aversion
2. Something that impedes, stands in the way of, or holds up progress
3. Anticipating something with anxiety or fear.
4. To recover, especially from an illness; to get better from an illness.
5. To attempt to stop the progression of.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level