Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To build or form something by assembling parts.
2. Having an unvarying tone or pitch
3. Approaching; drawing near; about to happen
4. To bump into or brush against while in motion.
5. The fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level