Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To exclude; to specify as being an exception.
2. To cause to take physical form, or to cause an object to appear.
3. A particular geographic region.
4. A state of confused and noisy disturbance
5. Tending to socialize or be social; friendly; inviting; congenial.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level