Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Scattered fragments, typically of something wrecked or destroyed
2. The throwing back by a body or surface of light, heat, or sound without absorbing it
3. To make sure or certain of something (usually some future event or condition).
4. Obvious or easy to notice.
5. Salty or slightly salty, as a mixture of fresh and sea water, such as that found in estuaries
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level