Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To renounce under oath; forswear.
2. Deception by trickery or sophistry.
3. A marked change in appearance, character, condition, or function.
4. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
5. A stock of terms used in a particular profession, subject, or style; a vocabulary:
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level