Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An advocate of the extension of political voting rights, especially to women.
2. Lacking or marked by a lack of self-confidence; shy and timid.
3. The act or process of inhaling and exhaling; breathing.
4. Government by a few, especially by a small faction of persons or families.
5. To divide (a geographic area) into voting districts so as to give unfair advantage to one party in elections.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level