Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Lacking social polish; tactless.
2. A circular strand of DNA in bacteria that contains the hereditary information necessary for cell life.
3. An advocate of the extension of political voting rights, especially to women.
4. Feeling or showing haughty disdain.
5. A marked change in appearance, character, condition, or function.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level