Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A temple tower of the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians, having the form of a terraced pyramid of successively receding stories.
2. To insert or introduce between other elements or parts.
3. Mournful, dismal, or gloomy, especially to an exaggerated or ludicrous degree.
4. To weaken or destroy the strength or vitality of.
5. Belonging to the period before a war, especially the American Civil War.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level