Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Interchanged, given, or owed to each other.
2. A factor that determines a range of variations; a boundary
3. An extremely distant, and thus old, celestial object whose power output is several thousand times that of our entire galaxy.
4. An underlying base or foundation especially for an organization or system.
5. Belonging to the period before a war, especially the American Civil War.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level