Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The predominant influence, as of a state, region, or group, over another or others.
2. The science and technology of building electronic circuits and devices from single atoms and molecules.
3. Characterized by affected, exaggerated, or insincere earnestness.
4. Lacking purpose or vitality; feeble or ineffective.
5. Attended by favorable circumstances; propitious.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level