Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A movement or series of moves requiring skill and care
2. Representation of a concept through symbols or underlying meanings of objects or qualities.
3. So difficult or taxing as to make one exhausted; backbreaking.
4. The person, place or thing from which something (information, goods, etc.) comes or is acquired.
5. To overpower; to subdue; to put down.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level