Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A long flat-topped fixture in a store or bank across which business is conducted with customers.
2. To cause to take physical form, or to cause an object to appear.
3. Watchful, especially for danger or disorder; alert; wary
4. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
5. To make something by merging parts.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level