Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
2. Important with regards to (a subject or matter); relevant
3. The brink of a dangerous situation.
4. What something does or is used for.
5. A relationship of resemblance or equivalence between two situations, people, or objects,
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level