Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The clear, yellowish fluid portion of blood, lymph, or intramuscular fluid in which cells are suspended.
2. Not limited to or associated with a particular religious denomination.
3. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
4. To separate or get rid of (an undesirable part); eliminate.
5. Lacking purpose or vitality; feeble or ineffective.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level