Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To increase the positive charge or valence of (an element) by removing electrons.
2. A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something.
3. Physics that deals with the relationships and conversions between heat and other forms of energy.
4. Shaking and vibration at the surface of the earth resulting from underground movement along a fault plane.
5. A factor that determines a range of variations; a boundary
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level