Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Playfully jocular; humorous
2. Cheerfully confident; optimistic.
3. The use of unnecessarily wordy and indirect language.
4. Any of numerous natural and synthetic compounds consisting of up to millions of repeated linked units,
5. A stock of terms used in a particular profession, subject, or style; a vocabulary:
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level