Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An inadequate amount of something; a shortage
2. The quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable
3. Flexible, liable to change.
4. So difficult or taxing as to make one exhausted; backbreaking.
5. The place set for the end of a journey, or to which something is sent; place or point aimed at.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level