Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable
2. The person, place or thing from which something (information, goods, etc.) comes or is acquired.
3. Explain the meaning of (information, words, or actions)
4. To make clear; to free from obscurities; to brighten or illuminate.
5. Doubt, apprehension, a feeling of dread
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level