Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The brink of a dangerous situation.
2. The fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest.
3. A state of confused and noisy disturbance
4. More than half (50%) of some group
5. A gift or payment to a common fund or collection.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides