Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To talk rapidly, indistinctly, or unintelligibly; to utter gibberish or nonsense.
2. Watchful, especially for danger or disorder; alert; wary
3. A pleasant smell or odour.
4. Capable of doing many things competently
5. To start (a fire) or light (a torch).
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level