Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Exceptional, conspicuous, outstanding, most usually in a negative fashion.
2. A process of compensation for losses.
3. The dividing line or location between two areas.
4. Flexible, liable to change.
5. Deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level