Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A gift or payment to a common fund or collection.
2. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
3. A barrier constructed across a road, especially as a military defense.
4. To notice or view, especially carefully or with attention to detail.
5. Flexible, liable to change.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides