Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The throwing back by a body or surface of light, heat, or sound without absorbing it
2. The act of inhabiting; state of inhabiting or dwelling, or of being inhabited; occupancy.
3. To bump into or brush against while in motion.
4. Capable of doing many things competently
5. To recover, especially from an illness; to get better from an illness.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level