Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To hear a conversation one is not intended to hear; to listen in.
2. Anything that may be possible; a possibility
3. Brief, concise, to the point.
4. A barrier constructed across a road, especially as a military defense.
5. Deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level