Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The force or energy of a collision of two objects.
2. Having traits or characteristics in common; alike, comparable.
3. Deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements
4. An individual step, or stage, in any process or scale of values.
5. To make something by merging parts.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level