The Mini Page is a syndicated, four-page tabloid written for young children found each Wednesday in The Denver Post. This issue of The Mini Page is available through the eEdition Archive to registered eEdition subscribers
1. Where might your family go for the holidays? Skiing? To a sunny beach? Draw a picture of yourself dressed in clothes appropriate for your trip. Paste newspaper words and pictures of items you might take with you to your final destination.
2. Select two people from the comic strips that you would like to take on vacation with you. Explain your choices.
3. Find items in the newspaper you would take to entertain yourself while you are traveling. Make two columns on a piece of paper. Put electronic items in one column and non - electronic items in the other column.
4. How are these important when you travel: (a) headphones, (b) patience, (c) quiet voices and (d) snacks?
5. Make a three - part travel plan. In Part I, make a list of at least five items you would pack to take on your trip. In Part II, list at least three ways you will behave while you travel. In Part III, list at least three ways you will behave when you are at your destination.
Mini Page activities meet many state and national educational standards. Each week we identify standards that relate to The Mini Page content and offer activities that will help your students reach them.
This week's standard:
Students understand that security is a basic need of humans, including following safety rules, avoiding injury and knowing where to go for help. (Science: Personal Health)
(standards by Dr. Sherrye D. Garrett, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi)