The Mini Page is a syndicated, four-page tabloid written for young children found each Wednesday in The Denver Post. This issue of The Mini Page is available through the eEdition Archive to registered eEdition subscribers
1. Paste a newspaper picture of someone you admire on a piece of paper.Then paste newspaper words that describe the person’s good characteristics around the border of the paper.
2. With friends, talk about how good character traits can make you happy.Talk about each one of the eight traits listed in today’s Mini Page.
3. Think about your own good character activities.Make two columns on a piece of paper.In the first column, list the things that you do most of the time.In the second column, list areas where you plan on being better.
4. How are these related to good character traits: (a) heroes, (b) diary, (c) practice and (d) feeling good?
5. There are eight building blocks for good character in today’s Mini Page.Findone person for each building block in the newspaper.Paste the headlines of your stories on a piece of paper. Under each headline, explain why you think that person is a good example.
Mini Page activities meet many state and national educational standards. Each week we identify standards that relate to The Mini Page content and offer activities that will help your students reach them.
This week's standard:
Students demonstrate respectful and caring relationships in the family, workplace and community. (Family and Consumer Science}
(standards by Dr. Sherrye D. Garrett, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi)
Select a Mini Page from 2020:
View an entire year's Mini Page archive