Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The energy and strength for continuing to do something over a long period of time ; power of sustained exertion, or resistance to hardship, illness etc.
2. To exclude; to specify as being an exception.
3. An inadequate amount of something; a shortage
4. T h e r a t e o f o c c u r r e n c e o f a n y t h i n g ; t h e r e l a t i o n s h i p b e t w e e n i n c i d e n c e a n d t i m e p e r i o d .
5. Representation of a concept through symbols or underlying meanings of objects or qualities.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides