Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Existing or occurring at the moment.
2. To hear a conversation one is not intended to hear; to listen in.
3. Sly; crafty; clever in surreptitious behaviour.
4. Make an idea, impression, or feeling known or understandable to someone.
5. To set fire to (something), to light (something)
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides