Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Disappointingly inadequate; gloomy and bleak.
2. More than half (50%) of some group
3. A barrier constructed across a road, especially as a military defense.
4. Quick and neat in action; skillful.
5. To run away with quick light steps, to scamper.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides