Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Physics that deals with the relationships and conversions between heat and other forms of energy.
2. Attended by favorable circumstances; propitious.
3. A place or situation regarded as drawing into its center all that surrounds it.
4. To proceed completely around:
5. Falling off or shed at a specific season or stage of growth:
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level