Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The power to affect, control or manipulate something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct, thoughts or decisions.
2. The short term state of the atmosphere at a specific time and place, including the temperature, humidity, cloud cover, precipitation, wind, etc.
3. To gain, usually by one's own exertions; to get as one's own.
4. The quantity of motion of a moving body; the impetus gained by a moving object
5. To hear a conversation one is not intended to hear; to listen in.