Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Natural ability to acquire knowledge or skill.
2. Open resistance; bold disobedience.
3. Salty or slightly salty, as a mixture of fresh and sea water, such as that found in estuaries
4. Important with regards to (a subject or matter); relevant
5. Having traits or characteristics in common; alike, comparable.