Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To move or swing a weapon back and forth, particularly if demonstrating skill.
2. Anticipating something with anxiety or fear.
3. Speech or language that is incomprehensible or unintelligible; gibberish.
4. The short term state of the atmosphere at a specific time and place, including the temperature, humidity, cloud cover, precipitation, wind, etc.
5. The result or outcome of a cause.