Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Mournful, dismal, or gloomy, especially to an exaggerated or ludicrous degree.
2. The clear, yellowish fluid portion of blood, lymph, or intramuscular fluid in which cells are suspended.
3. A doctrine holding that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated.
4. Extremely rapid, hasty, or abrupt; precipitate.
5. A temple tower of the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians, having the form of a terraced pyramid of successively receding stories.