Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A temple tower of the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians, having the form of a terraced pyramid of successively receding stories.
2. A form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life,
3. Eating and drinking in moderation.
4. An underlying base or foundation especially for an organization or system.
5. A reproductive cell having the haploid number of chromosomes, especially a mature sperm or egg capable of fusing with a gamete of the opposite sex to produce the fertilized egg.