Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A form of a verb that in some languages, such as English, can function independently as an adjective.
2. Relating to a system of writing, such as that of ancient Egypt, in which pictorial symbols are used to represent meaning or sounds or a combination of meaning and sound.
3. To pound, crush, or grind to a powder or dust.
4. One who habitually takes advantage of the generosity of others without making any useful return.
5. Selecting or employing individual elements from a variety of sources, systems, or styles