Words in the News Quiz
5 High School Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A temple tower of the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians, having the form of a terraced pyramid of successively receding stories.
2. An extremely distant, and thus old, celestial object whose power output is several thousand times that of our entire galaxy.
3. Attended by favorable circumstances; propitious.
4. Division into ordered groups or categories.
5. Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful.